(Statement of Faith)
As a local expression of the Glory of God, these things we most surely believe and teach, that we might be all of the same mind and in the judgment (I Cor. 1:10), speaking the same things in love with one voice, glorifying God.
1) We believe the Bible, both Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired Word of God (II Tim. 3:16), which present to man the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men.
2) We believe in the virgin birth, the incarnation of Jesus Christ, in Whom all fullness of the Godhead dwells in bodily form (Col. 2:9), in His sinless life, His vicarious atonement, which brings man into covenant relationship with God the Father. We believe that faith in the death, burial, resurrection, and ascension of the Lord Jesus Christ that results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit (Titus 3:5) is absolutely essential to the salvation of all men.
3) We believe in the Trinity, a Triune God, “For there are three that bear witness in heaven, the Father, the Word (Jesus), and he Holy Spirit, and these three are one.” (I John 5:7)
4) We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit, which is a command of the Lord Jesus Christ, (Acts 1:4-5, Luke 24:29), that it is available to all who are born again (Acts 2:38) and ask in faith (Luke 11:13). All who have received the baptism of the Holy Spirit can and should speak in other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance (Acts 2:4, Acts 10:46, I Cor. 14:5).
5) We believe in divine healing for the physical body which was provided for in the atonement of Jesus Christ. Just as He bore our sins, surely He has borne our sicknesses and carried away our diseases (Matt. 8:17, Isaiah 53:4).
6) We believe that the supernatural gifts of the Holy Spirit as listed in I Cor. 12:7-11 are as much for the church today as when they were given. We, as believers, have received the same Holy Spirit as the early church did; therefore we may earnestly desire and expect to receive these gifts. We also acknowledge all the ministry gifts and callings that God has set in the church.
7) We believe in water baptism by immersion (Acts 8:38) as a command of our Lord Jesus Christ (Mark 16:16, Matt. 28:19), which is an outward expression of our death, burial and resurrection with the Lord Jesus Christ (Rom. 6:4).
8) We believe in the taking of the covenant meal (communion) of often as it seems good to us, to bring to our remembrance the victory of His shed blood and broken body on the cross on our behalf and the utter defeat of satan and his works.
9) We believe in the reality of hell as a literal place and the eternal abode of all those who reject Jesus Christ as the only Lord and Savior of all men.
10) We believe in the personality of satan as a real, literal being, whom the scriptures say we are to resist (James 4:7), and whose kingdom, which is made up of his demonic hosts, we are to engage in warfare (II Cor. 10:3-4, Eph. 6:12).
11) We believe in the literal coming again of our Lord Jesus Christ, in like manner as He left (Acts 1:11), to restore the heavens and the earth wherein righteousness will dwell (II Peter 3:10-13).
12) We believe that it is by the love of God manifested in our lives that we prove to be the disciples of our Lord Jesus Christ (John 13:35).